JOB OPENING: YOUTH LEADER-DIRECTOR
The Greek Orthodox Parish of St George Rose Bay, Sydney has developed an exciting new position that requires someone for an immediate start to inspire youth development for the St George Parish.
The responsibilities associated with this position are as follows:
• Develop a fun, interesting, useful and engaging youth program
• Assist with management decisions around funding
• Be the St George Greek Orthodox church champion (maintaining communication with the youth and their families through social media)
• Event planning for youth events
• Inspire the youth in finding themselves to be the best version of themselves through the teachings of the Greek Orthodox Church and the youth program
• A member of the Orthodox Christian Church, in good standing, knowledgeable of the beliefs and practices of the church and a sense of calling to share the Christian message with young people in an engaging and relevant way
• Drug testing and a complete background check will be conducted including criminal records and Working with Children check.
The youth development areas will focus on High School Age teenagers. To be successful for this role you will need to demonstrate:
• Strong communication skills
• Patience and empathy
• Leadership and organisational skills
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to really make a difference in the youth’s lives by offering them a chance to appreciate the Christian values of Orthodoxy as well as finding out more about themselves in a very inclusive, supportive and social environment.
Diploma or Degree qualifications in Education are highly desireable
Can you commit 8 hours per week and feel you are the correct candidate to inspire and change the youth’s lives for the better, if so please send your cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org