The first Parish Committee convened after Easter 1957 before construction of St George began. The elected committee members entrusted with the building of the Church of St George and its secular administration comprised:
President: Dr D. G. Varvaressos
Vice President: Mr N. Gleeson
Secretary: Mr A. T. George
Treasurer: Mr M. G. Barbouttis
Committee Members: C. Akon, P, Aroney, G. Conson, H. Patterson, A. Aristides, A. Carr, G. Limbers, G. S. Varvaressos
This Parish Committee went on to raise the much needed funds to purchase the land at Newcastle Street, Rose Bay and build the first Greek Orthodox Church outside of the inner city area.
The current Parish Committee (2015) comprises of the following members:
President: George Confos
Vice President: Nicholas Golfin
Secretary: Rozy Dorizas-Crosson
Treasurer: Spero Raissis
Committee Members: John Barbouttis, Alexandra Varvaressos, Nina Mistilis Larcombe, Gerry Fragias, Peter Fragias, Doukas Kontopos, Kyriacos Mavrolefteros,
The Parish Committee is responsible for financial management and day to day operations of the St George Parish Church and its associated entities, Greek Language School and other asset holdings.
In carrying out the above responsibilities a number of sub-committees have been formed in the areas of:
- Growth – Nicholas Golfin
- Maintenance – George Confos
- Building/Development – George Confos
- Greek Language School – Nicholas Golfin
- Community Support – Spero Raissis
- Fund Raising – Maria Bekiaris
- Major Events – Peter Fragias
To sign up as a member click here for further info.
Memorandum and Articles (Constitution) here.