Who We Are
A community of over two thousand Orthodox Christians in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, Australia.
Our church is located in Rose Bay, nestled between Sydney Harbour and Bondi Beach.
We come under the pastoral care of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia, headed by Archbishop Stylianos, under the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople.
The Greek word for church is ekklesia. It signifies the gathering of a group of people responding to a call or invitation to attend an event of common good.
In my journey around the parish to bless everyone’s home, I have in the last two weeks, knocked on over three hundred doors.
For Weddings, Memorial Services, Baptisms or venue hire, please click below and complete the booking enquiry.
[Green] : Weekly/Monthly services. [Red] : Easter related services. [Orange] : Fasting & Feasting, Namedays and Daily Bible
Readings. [Purple] : Special Events.
- Saturday 23rd —Glendi Dinner / Dance. The Blue Room at Bondi Surf Lifesaving Club, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Bondi Beach at 7:00pm.
- You are invited to the Saint George Ladies’ Auxiliary / Philoptohos GLENDI Dinner Dance Celebrating Saint George Church and its service to the Community at
- Bondi Surf Lifesaving Club
Queen Elizabeth Drive, Bondi Beach
- Date: Saturday 23rd February 2019 at 7pm – 12am
- Dress: Cocktail / Lounge Suit
- Donation: $150
- Good Friday 26th — Arranging the Flowers of the Epitaphios in Church Hall. All welcome from 9.00am.
- Sunday 28th — Easter Sunday and Vespers for St George at 7:00 pm.
- Monday 29th Saint George’s Day Liturgy at 8am, followed by Morning tea in the Hall.
- Sunday 5th – Our annual Saint George’s Day BBQ in the grounds of the Church from 11:00 am.
- Sunday 18th — “Tis Panagias” Annual Sweets and Treats Day, in the Church Hall, following the Liturgy at 11:00am.